Recent and Pending Legislation Affecting
the Landsat Program
Status as of 11/18/98
(Click on identification number for access to full text of bill/law)
- Short title: "Civilian Space Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 1998 and 1999"
- Status: Passed the House; received in the Senate and referred to the
Committee on Commerce. (4/24/97)
- Short title: "National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Authorization Act of 1997"
- Status: Reported to the House from the Committee on Resources with
- Short title: "Commercial Space Act of 1998" (formerly: Commercial Space Act of 1997)
- 11/4/97: Passed by the House and sent to the Senate.
- 11/5/97: Referred to the Senate Committee on Commerce.
- 3/5/98: Hearings held by the Subcommittee on Science, Technology and Space .
- 3/12/98: Committee on Commerce: Ordered to be reported with an amendment in the nature of a substitute favorably.
- 6/02/98: Committee on Commerce. Reported to Senate by Senator McCain with
an amendment in the nature of a substitute. With written report No. 105-198.
Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 393.
- 7/30/98: Senate Bill passed, as amended, by unanimous consent.
- 7/31/98: Notice of Senate action sent to the House.
- 10/5/98: Senate version passed by House as amended.
- 10/28/98: Bill signed by the President: Public Law 105-333.
- Changes to "Land Remote
Sensing Policy Act of 1992" and earth science data acquisition policy in
For information on Congressional actions not listed above,
(Link to "Thomas" - use "BACK" button to return to this page.)
RETURN, OR GO, TO: